September 04, 2017

Back on Track



It feels like forever since the last time I wrote a blog post, so I'm not even sure where I should start. Whether it's the spring in the air or just life settling in to some kind of a routine, I am feeling more energised, motivated and inspired than in a long time. I've revamped my skin care routine, exercise and diet and I feel like I'm finally back on track. I will try and write individual, updated posts on each of these subjects, if anyone is interested! You can find me on Twitter and Instagram and please feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Before I take time to write proper posts on each of the subjects, here's a little snapshot of what's been happening.

Skincare

I've been through some serious skin problems since pregnancy and have really struggled to settle in a skincare routine that works. Unfortunately there has been a lot of trial and error, and a lot of money wasted on products that didn't work for me. Recently I've been loving  Neostrata and Skinstitut products, never experiencing any problems with either. One I'm really curious to try is the range by Kora Organics, especially their Noni products.

Diet

After pregnancy I fell into a new-parent-trap of surviving on very little sleep and quick (bad) food choices. As a result, my skin took a real beating, I had no energy and overall felt really unhealthy. In hindsight, I should've taken better care of myself in the process, but I've always been "all or nothing" kind of a girl and my child was the first priority. As I started returning to my daily green smoothies, fresh salads and proper meals, my health (and energy levels) started to recover. I will post a few recent favourite recipes very soon, so stay tuned!

Exercise

The sun is out and I cannot wait for the water to warm up so I can hit the outdoor pool again! Until then I am doing a daily yoga routine just to stretch things out and long walks 3-4 times a week. My work can be pretty active, so on the days I work I don't necessary feel like doing any exercise. In the summer time I will still try to do a few laps in the pool either before or after work.

I will work on more posts and photos later this week, so see you in a bit!