September 08, 2017

Back on Track - Skincare Update



I don't really remember having problems with my skin during my teenage years or even in my twenties. After pregnancy, however, all sorts of problems started to surface. Some were clearly hormonal, but also sun damage/pigmentation (that worsened during pregnancy) and just general dullness. Also after pregnancy, my diet went from being super healthy and balanced to eating on the go. Combined with a lack of sleep this resulted in a variety of skin problems, including dryness (from the lack of healthy oils and enough hydration ie. drinking water) and breakouts. In the process I tried and tested quite a few skincare products that probably made my skin even angrier.

Whilst I don't feel like my skin is back to 100% yet, I definitely feel like it has improved and hopefully I've learned a lot in the process. Here are some of the products and tips that have worked for me (sensitive, combination skin with hormonal breakouts).



Morning Routine

I start my day with plenty of water. I haven't given up my morning coffee, but limit my caffeine intake to just one cup per day (rest of the day I drink herbal teas and water). After splashing my face with cold water I apply eye cream (I've been using this one lately and really love it), then B3 serum (from this brand) and 10% AHA lotion (this one). On the days I'm not working and spending time outdoors, I will also use sunscreen (this one from Skinstitut has been really great). For work I apply make up on top of the AHA lotion. I'm still trying to perfect my make up routine, but have really loved the powder foundation from Nude by Nature (this one).



Evening Routine

I love using my konjac sponge to cleanse my skin in the evening (similar sponges here). I've tested a few cleansers (including this from Skinstitut and this from Arbonne) and whilst both are great at removing make up, I find using them every day can be too harsh on my skin. After shower I repeat eye cream, B3 and AHA lotion and add moisturiser as well (this one is really affordable and suitable for sensitive skin). I have been using the Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil for about a week now and it has been amazing - highly recommend!

I am obviously not a professional beautician, but with the Health Coach training, I covered the basics of healthy skin and how to care for it. I hope some of this has been helpful and I'd love to hear your tips and recommendations if there are any!

This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!