February 27, 2014
There is still a little bit of summer left here in Australia and it's a perfect weather for some relaxed and comfy mama wear! Most of these items can be found on my Pinterest boards, apart from the book and the dreamy nappy bag (found here).
What are your must-have mama style items?
February 23, 2014
February 19, 2014
I'm diverting from Scandinavia somewhat to show you some of my favourite pieces from Nendo, a Japanese design company. I am truly in love with their timeless designs and I think they would look absolutely amazing in any minimalist-driven home. Most of these images are from their 2012 collection called Splinter, the last two images are from the 2013 collection for Urushi Kobo Oshima.
Just stunning, don't you think?
February 14, 2014
Finnish brand 1kertaa2 has a beautiful selection of high quality knitted textiles made in Finland and designed by duo Piia Kalliomäki and Marika Lehti. All 1kertaa2 products are made of 100% wool and have a soft luxurious feel. They are easy to take care of and have a modern, sophisticated look.
Available at Pikku-Kota are the following 1kertaa2 products (with more products hopefully available soon!)
All images in this post are by 1kertaa2
February 04, 2014
It has become something of a tradition that I bake a Runeberg's Cake at this time of the year (see my previous versions here and here). Again this cake isn't something I liked growing up; the bitter almond taste was probably not sweet enough for a child's taste buds, but I've grown to appreciate the taste and texture of Runeberg's cake. I must admit, I don't bake much nowadays, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to enjoy this cake once again.
(recipe adapted from Kotiliesi)
1 teaspoon baking powder
130g plain flour
200ml melted butter
150g raw caster sugar
120g finely crumbed gingerbread cookies
100g almond meal
60g icing sugar
1 tablespoon water
* You can moisturise the cake after baking with some water and liquor, if you like.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, grease a loaf tin and line it with baking paper.
2. Mix baking powder with the flour and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
4. Mix in the cookie crumb and almond meal. Add flour mixture and milk and stir until smooth.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn (upside down) onto a wire rack. Mix icing sugar with water into a smooth paste. Once cooled, decorate with raspberry jam and icing sugar.
February 01, 2014
|All photos by the product suppliers|
1. XO tag and wrapping paper from Sugar Paper 2. Lov is Beautiful Tea 3. Merci thank you notes from Sugar Paper 4. Barr Co soap in Honeysuckle 5. Henny and My iPad cover 6. Kate Spade Bow Ring 7. How to Be Lovely
Well, Valentine's Day is just around the corner and whether you will celebrate it or not, it's pretty impossible not to get drawn into all the lovely things out there at this time of the year. I've collected a few pieces here that I think are just so cute especially for this special day.
In Finland we celebrate Friendship Day (see my previous posts here and here), so for me this day has always been more about being grateful for my friends who are now gathered pretty much all around the world. So here's to you, thank you for being a friend!
|Desktop from Sugar Paper|
Raspberry and Almond Clafoutis