May 08, 2013

Marinated Fennel and Pear Salad


I finally had a chance to try lemon and olive oil marinated fennel, highly recommended by a friend who also happens to be one of my favourite bloggers. I love fennel as it is, but the simple marinade of lemon and olive oil truly take it to a whole new level. I whipped up a quick lunch by adding baby spinach leaves (but you could use rocket, if you have it), thinly sliced pear and macadamia nuts to fennel I had marinated for a couple of hours in the fridge.

Marinated Fennel and Pear Salad
(serves 2)

1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 lemon, juiced
2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pear, thinly sliced
baby spinach or rocket leaves
macadamia nuts, roughly chopped

1. Add fennel, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Toss to combine and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

2. To serve, simply toss the marinated fennel with the rest of the ingredients.

8 comments:

  1. I have fennel in the fridge and have been trying to find something new to do with it. Will give this marinating a go, looks delicious. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fennel is the best and this salad looks so fresh and delicious :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that it was one of your blog recipes that got me to try cooking with fennel for the first time! Thanks for sharing another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah.. näitä sun kuviasi! :D Tosi ihanan näköinen ja varmasti toimii hyvin päärynän kanssa myös.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this tonight and it was absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Glad to hear you liked it Cathy!

      Delete
  6. Oh my, this looks incredible. Have bookmarked :)
    Janie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had this for lunch today...perfectly delicious! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete