January 17, 2013

Busy Bee

I've been busy as a bee lately, experimenting with new materials like beeswax, as well sewing, knitting and crocheting. I started crocheting a blanket using soft bamboo yarn. This project will take a while to finish, but I love creating something with such simple tools as a hook and yarn. 
I finished a soft case with two large pockets for all the little things I bring with me while travelling. I used soft flannelette for the case and attached a decorative ribbon along the edges. The case also has a simple snap for closing.  I can't wait to bring this along for my next trip!

The little white purse in the last photo is made out of faux leather. I made it to use as a kind of gift wrap, but it could just as well hold business cards or even a small mirror.

I hope you are all feeling creative and inspired! I would love to know what your favourite materials are to work with!

 
 


2 comments:

  1. just beautiful and exquisit - your crafting skills and the photography
    celebration for my senses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! I can almost smell the beeswax in the air as I look at your photos

    ReplyDelete