December 28, 2012

Looking Back at 2012


The final days of 2012 are a good opportunity to take a look back and sum up a few favourite recipes and other highlights of the year. It has certainly been a whirlwind year with many happy events, but also one particularly sad memory, with a passing of my dear grandmother at the end of the year. 

I started the year off with a 21-day vegan challenge that somehow prolonged itself to 9 months. I really enjoyed the challenge of creating new recipes with no animal products and looking back I absolutely love the colours and vibrancy of the foods I created.  
 
 

Our wedding in my home town back in June and the honeymoon in France was of course the highlight of the year. We had the loveliest time celebrating our special day with our closest friends and relatives, and France in its all summery glory was everything (and more!) we expected. I would love to go back one day, as there is so much more left to experience and see.



The end of the year saw me going back to my roots (literally, as well!) with more traditional Finnish recipes and more and more interior and craft inspired posts that I've enjoyed so much. I am looking forward to all the new ideas and challenges that the new year will bring.

I thank you all for following my blog in 2012 and I wish you all the best for the new year!

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your grandmother :( But I am glad that you are still viewing this year in a positive way. I hope 2013 treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photography in all these shots. I would love to do a class with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Who knows, maybe in 2013 I'll get organised enough to run a photography/styling workshop! ;-) x

      Delete
  3. Osanottoni Maria isoƤitisi poismenon johdosta.Kuvasi ovat kauniit kuten aina:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Maria for continuing to share your blog - I love the new direction, with craft and home and a mix of things. You continue to inspire. All the best for 2013. I, for one, am certainly looking forward to seeing what the new year brings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! It´s been a joy following you all of 2012 and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings.

    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAAAY for more Finnish recipes! Though I'm here is uper-hot Australia, I absolutely scandinavian food! More please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your grandmother Maria. May 2013 bring you all that you wish for and more x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited to see your new stories and photography. Love the new direction and focus! Everything here is always so beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete