July 27, 2012

Recent Projects

I am sitting in our living room amongst piles of clothes, bedding, boxes and furniture. We have emptied the contents of our bedroom and study in here whilst those rooms get brand new floor boards to match the rest of our apartment. Needless to say I'm pretty excited about this makeover! I've been on an interior roll lately; getting little crafty things done and buying some new furniture. It feels so good to finally be able to spend some time decorating our new(ish) home!


Since there hasn't been much happening on the cooking front lately, I thought I'd share some photos of these other projects that have been keeping me busy. Once all the renovations are done I will share more photos of our home, I promise!


Here's what I've been up to recently...

I've been enjoying the winter sun...
...and numerous cups of tea!
I've finished quite a few little crafty projects, including these coasters, oven mittens and tiny bags filled with lavender!
I also made these clay barnacles inspired by Design Sponge!
All things Scandinavian. The wooden bead decorations are another recent project of mine.
We ordered this wall sticker from Finland - birch branches!
A new floor lamp to brighten the dark winter nights
These willow branches look so dramatic - love them!
And I've earned some wife points with these Finnish mocha cakes!

Hope you will have a great weekend! I will be back soon...

13 comments:

  1. All looks so wonderful - you've put your time to good use even when not 100%. I love the decor - simple and classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you know how to treat yourself at the end of the day. A Beautiful Home and a Full Belly.... recipe for a happy life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No recipe for the Finnish mocha cakes? I've been craving something sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you are so talented ! everything looks amazing.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finnish mocha cakes look amazing!!! Recipe please before I lick the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just have to say thank you!
    In an older post you mentioned that it was easy to get hold of oat yogurt in Finland. I live in Norway, and didn't even realise that oat yogurt existed! I've been stuck with foul soy yogurt, or making runny yogurt at home from almond, hemp, and coconut milk.

    Today I visited Sweden - and there it was! Would never have looked out for it if it wasn't for that post. So excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos with us: you ARE a multitalented lady :) ! Absolutely love the willow branches and the wooden beads . . . the utter simplicity and the peace engendered . . . So very Nordic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of the mocha cake, could I please have the recipe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Moomin cup! I used to watch Moomin growing up. :D Lovely home Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your design, such clean lines. The barnacles are so cool...I'll have to check that out, it would work perfect in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two have such a beautiful home! Love the scandinavian touch you have given to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the clean Scandi design of your house. Hey i just noticed a Marimekko store in The Strand the other day! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete