January 18, 2011

Summer Dessert


To be quite honest I wasn't planning to blog this, I wasn't even planning to make a dessert in the first place, but with the ingredients in the fridge, I couldn't help myself. It is summer, after all, and this just happens to be such a simple yet impeccable combination of flavours. Now all I need is a chair on a sunny balcony, a good book and a plateful of this.


Summer Dessert

2 peaches, cut in half and stones removed
4 tsp manuka honey blend
small punnet of strawberries, hulled and quartered
a big dollop or two of organic plain yoghurt
pinch of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 tsp raw honey
1/2 pomegranate, seeded, to serve
fresh mint, to serve

Brush the peaches with the honey and place cut side down on a grilling pan. Grill for a few minutes, then place of a platter with the strawberries.

In a bowl, mix together the yoghurt, cinnamon, vanilla and raw honey. Spoon generous dollops of the yoghurt on the fruit. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and finish with a few leaves of fresh mint.

Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Yes please! =) Mmm looks so yummy and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so summer-y and vibrant! love it!
    hope u enjoyed reading out on the balcony too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few months more for us before those summer fruits can be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until peaches are in season again here so I can make this! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you decided to post this, it looks wonderful! Grilled fruit is one of my summertime favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. grilled peaches - ooh that sugary caramelised goodness! Sounds like a gorgeous combination of flavours and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so weird to think that it is summer in another part of the world. This looks delicious, I love the pomegranate on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    It's my first time visiting, you have a very nice blog and great recipes. It may not be summer here but I would love to devour one of your Summer Desserts. It looks so delicious, healthy and fresh. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These kind of pictures you really need on a rainy winter day like this. Looks really yummy! Glad you made the post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks delicious! I can't wait for summer to hit Seattle again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love the colours and the freshness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! I absolutely love the simplicity of this dessert...beautiful photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pomegranate. I just made a dish the other day and love the tartness added with the sweetness. I love these photos, just makes feel like summer is going to start tomorrow

    ReplyDelete