November 13, 2010

Almond Crusted Ricotta Tart


Hi all and happy weekend!

Blogging is such a wonderful thing. I've said it before, but after I started blogging a bit over a year ago, I have met so many wonderful and warm-hearted people who have brought so much joy and inspiration in my life it's just amazing. I am ever so grateful for your support and love, thank you!

This delicious almond crusted ricotta tart was inspired by my beautiful and talented friend, Amanda whom I was also fortunate to get to know through blogging. It turned out we have a lot more in common than we could've imagined! Amanda now has her very own Etsy shop with the cutest hand-made scarves and beanies, so please go check out The Pikku Lintu Shop ;-)

I love trying new crusts on tarts and quiches, and I think this one would make such a perfect dish for any upcoming Pre-Christmas parties! You could easily use this crust for a sweet tart as well, and I will definitely give that a go too in the near future.


Almond Crusted Ricotta Tart

Crust

2 cups almond meal
1 large free-range egg
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/4 lemon
pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper

Topping

500g low fat ricotta cheese
1 tsp dried sweet basil
juice of 3/4 lemon
pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 large free-range eggs

1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved

Preheat oven to 180C. Combine all crust ingredients together and spread the mixture, using the back of a wetted spoon, on a small (19cm) quiche dish. Bake the crust for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Mix the topping ingredients together in a bowl and spread on the pre-baked crust. Top with cherry tomatoes and continue to bake for another 30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wired rack and serve with fresh leafy greens.

Thank you all!



Print

12 comments:

  1. I have never heard of almond crust before. It sounds unique, in a good way not in a "oh that's different" while rolling my eyes :)

    I'll seriously have to try this one out. My friend who has two daughter's with gluten allergies would love this recipe. I'll e-mail it to her.

    As for your friend, Amanda, she sounds lovely.I want a friend to make me handmade scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Nice blog you have! I've recently started to blog and it has been so fun!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to make a tart, but this one looks interesting and wonderful for sure. My husband is a huge fan of ricotta, and therefore turned me into a huge fan. I am bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy flavor combo you combined with the almond crust. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an unusual tart, I'm sure it's tasty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogging is truly, I think, the easiest way to meet a lot of really awesome people, yourself included. This tart looks glorious! I don't think I can wait until Christmas to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tart slice looks so elegant. It would make for the most awesome brunch :D
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria! I cannot wait to try this and thanks for sharing my links to Pikku Lintu! It means so much :) You are such an amazing friend, I also cannot believe how much we have in common!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new things you show us. I've never made an almond crust before, sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your almond crust & ricotta filling!! Looks terrific too!

    I must make a sweet version from this really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mielettömiä nämä ruokakuvasi! Oletkohan ammattikuvaaja ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just made your beautiful pie and it's absolutely delicious. It's a bit filling so I'll have a great lunch tomorrow.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe

    Marit from Holland

    ReplyDelete