September 28, 2010

Strawberry-Cocoa Soy Smoothie


If you happen to follow me on Twitter, you might have noticed my growing obsession with smoothies. Ever since I discovered how easy it is to make home-made soy milk, I have been experimenting with different delicious smoothie flavours. I have used a lot of strawberries since they are in season, but as we start to have more and more summer fruits (like mangoes!) available, I will most definitely be using them too.

The wonderful Coco Chocolate opened its store in Mosman just recently, and of course I had to pop in to buy a little treat. I decided to get a bag of cocoa nibs I had tried at the chocolate tasting evening. The cocoa nibs really give this smoothie a delicious, but slightest chocolate flavour and a beautiful fragrance, and it's 100% guilt-free! ;-)


Strawberry-Cocoa Soy Smoothie
(Serves 2)

250g strawberries, washed and hulled
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 tbsp organic maple syrup
1 tbsp unrefined cocoa nibs
700ml home-made soy milk

Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.


Enjoy!


13 comments:

  1. This is so great!! Especially the recipe for homemade soy milk. It's so true. The amount of sugar in the store bought cartons is really bad.

    I'm totally declaring this my new favourite blog to read regularly. Seriously, as a lactose-intolerant vegetarian I love the recipes you're posting here :) :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looooove smoothies too and am constantly making all kinds of smoothies in summer. Mango is great, as is banana with a dollop of honey *yum*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Smoothie weather is here fo shiz. You're making me simultaneously hungry and thirsty, and also a little sad that I'm too lazy to make my own soy milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm absolutely loving the arrival of spring in Sydney. I bought my first mangoes last weekend and a smoothie is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds and looks absolutely wonderful daaaaahling! Please pour me a glass :D
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your comments!

    Emma: I'm so glad you're liking my recipes! :-D

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100% Guilt free smoothie (ok, just the cocoa, but I digress).... I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby and I are smoothie drinkers too! Yours looks really fantastic, love the combo of strawberries & chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. we love smoothies too, especially in the morning after breakfast, you can do so much with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I didn't realise that the Mosman store had just opened! How exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds also really good :)
    Glad you like my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I came across your blog when searching for spelt recipes and it's funny you mention Coco - I used to live in Edinburgh, where the first store is, but when I moved back to Australia I was thrilled to hear that there were stores in Sydney too. It's fabulous chocolate.

    Sorry if I'm missing something, but do you mention anywhere how you make your own soy milk? I'd be really curious to know how!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andie,

      Yes, there is a link to the recipe (although not very visible)

      http://scandifoodie.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/soya-berry-smoothie.html

      Thanks!

      Maria
      x

      Delete