July 26, 2010

Simple Balsamic Sesame Chicken

This is another simple chicken recipe I got from the Bento website. You only need a few ingredients but it still offers something a little bit different for a quick weekday meal. I really love the taste of sesame and if you're like me you can even add a little sesame oil to give it more flavour.

Without sounding like I'm preaching I think this is another great example how healthy home cooked meals can be as quick and easy (not to mention tasty) to prepare as take away meals which are still a rarity in my house. I love using brown or red rice instead of plain white rice for a nuttier taste.

Balsamic Sesame Chicken

500g chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
4 tbs balsamic vinegar (use less if you don't want it as strong)
2 tbs soy sauce (I use less salty soy sauce)
5tbs sesame seeds

Combine the chicken, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and let marinade for at least half an hour.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the chicken (you can drain of the marinade if you don't want to use it). Heat oil in a pan, add the chicken pieces and cook until brown and fully cooked through. Serve with brown rice.

15 comments:

  1. Oh oh, I could have this. PERFECT.
    I'm bookmarking it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I'd definitely be splodging in some sesame oil as I love the stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh. i can smell from here. mmmm.smells damn good, lady! i like brown rice too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sesame chicken. The aroma always makes me homesick. Very nicely done, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I wouldn't have thought that balsamic chicken would go in a bento box, but it looks fantastic. I might have to try it with your sweet and sour bento chicken too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm, salty, vinegary and sesamey! Love it, I'd add lots of sesame oil to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm making this tonight! Although I ran out of balsamic last night so I'm using chinkiang vinegar instead

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple and so easy. Definitely bookmarking this one for a no-fuss weeknight dinner idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love simple, quick and healthy yet tasty meals. This one definitely looks like a winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I can't believe there are only 4 ingredients! This is an excellent weeknight staple Maria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, these look fantastic. Love a good home cooked meal that's easy and yummy =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the combination of sesame seeds and chicken. This does sound like a great weekday meal. Might give it a god next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now this is my type of recipe. I've always got these ingredients at hand and always looking for a quick and tasty meal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a huge fan of balsamic vinegar but I feel that many in my household might not like a distinctive sour smell\taste to the whole dish.

    Perhaps there's a way to make it sweeter whilst maintaining the tang?
    Will adding date syrup ruin it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could certainly try date syrup, but also honey could work well.

      Delete