July 28, 2010

My Dreamland - Passionflower, Sydney CBD

When I was a little girl I could eat so much ice cream in a day that my mum would have to hide the rest (in the freezer) or else it would have disappeared. I did not seem to have any limit as to how much ice cream I was able to consume in one day.

I blame an unknown enzyme in my system for this unexplainable behaviour and thus have not attempted to limit my ice cream intake during my adult years. Knowing this you can imagine how excited I am every time I go to one of my favourite dessert cafes in Sydney:
This time I was having desserts with friends so I was trying to behave myself...

Final Fantasy: black sesame and coconut ice cream with black jelly and evaporated milk


Fill me in: Chocolate mud ice cream covered with chocolate cookie crunch and spiked with a chocolate flake

Superstar: Red bean ice cream, sticky rice ice cream, black sesame glutinious rice balls and peanut crush

Double Happiness: Green tea ice cream, red bean ice cream, glutinious rice balls and and red beans


Durian ice cream (my choice along with the Superstar!) nomnomnom

The desserts are really generous portions, and thus great value for your money. I absolutely loved the sticky rice ice cream, and of course my all time favourites green tea, black sesame, red bean and durian. I will never get tired of having these! So do I need to tell you how happy I felt after all this?? THIS is where I want to have my birthday desserts this year!

There will be NO left overs!

This is me behaving...

Passionflower
Shop G12, Capitol Square
730-742 George Street
Haymarket, NSW 1240
Tel.(02) 9281 8322

17 comments:

  1. Yeah blame it on the enzyme! LOVE the last photo. Did someone have to wipe your face clean afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol John! I can't go pass Double Happiness when I order there. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Superstar does interest me and I particularly wish to try out the sticky rice ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, dreamy! I wish it were warmer so I could have a dish (or 2) of the durian ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE LOVE LOVE Passionflower! Can't get enough of the durian ice cream and black sesame ice cream heheh.. you know one of my friends actually bought a box and wrapped it in dozens of layers of newspaper and brought it back to Perth? LOL! It didn't melt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. teehee i love that last pic of you maria! mustn't leave any icecream behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Owwhhhh, I've not gone to Passionflower, but its now on my list next time Mr HG & I get to Sydney. I adore places like these, it would bring the saying "kid in a candy shop" to a whole new level for me I think. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe I admire your determination to finish it Maria! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't love passionflower?? The superstar is soooo yummy! Lol I didn't realise they even had durian ice cream! Being asian I absolutely detest it and I don't think I will ever even come close to liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe I may share that unknown enzyme...although I don't possess the chocolate enzyme which you seem to have as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ice cream looks so good! Even if it's in the middle of winter =P These flavours all sound so interesting!! I've never had ice cream like this before- I'll have to try one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ... i believe i might have an unknown enzyme too!! Black sesame is my favourite! NOMNOM NOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heart passionflower, the double happiness one looks like it would have been my pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, one of the best reads!!! My favourite food, ice cream. I especially love the double happiness dessert, very mouth watering

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this place- brings back so many memories from my days in uni. I still love the black sesame, red bean and sticky rice combo! Yum! I want ice cream now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks fantastic, but OH SO DANGEROUS! You could get seriously fat in this place!

    Give me a call next time you go, I'd love to try some of their flavours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete