May 11, 2010

Velvety zucchini and potato soup

This is one of those thick velvety vegetable soups that I love. I couldn't decide what else to use the zucchini for so I decided to make this. I was going to add cream, but it was so velvety and tasty without it didn't need any. Very basic and simple, but full of taste. The recipe is adapted from www.taste.com.au

Zucchini and potato soup

3 medium sized zucchini, chopped
2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
500ml vegetable stock (or enough liquid just to cover the vegetables)
sea salt and cracked black pepper to season
good handful of fresh parsley

Heat some oil in a large saucepan, add the vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Add the vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper and let simmer until the vegetables are tender. Remove the saucepan from heat, add parsley and blend with a stick mixer to a thick smooth soup. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and fresh parsley.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that looks so creamy! That's great that you don't need to add cream to it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you at last!! Or... you found me! Ever since we had the foodblogger drinks in The Rocks last month I have been looking for your site but couldn't remember the blog url! Heehee but so happy now that I know where to find you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes soup weather is upon us now isn't it? I'm loving the sound of this one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine: Thank you! I like my soup very thick so didn't want to make it any runnier by adding cream and the taste was there even without it :)

    Trisha: YAY! :D

    John: Absolutely! I've started graving something warm :)

    ReplyDelete