April 10, 2010

Delicado Foods, McMahons Point

I really like Spanish food: chorizos, sardines, olives, jamon, paella, all of it, so you can imagine how much I was looking forward to a lunch at Delicado Foods.

I was drooling over the deli looking at all those olives and chorizos

The jamon

The interiors are very colourful and Hispanic


Mediterranean Olives: varieties include arbequina, sevillano, ligurian & others, house marinade

These were possibly the best olives I have ever had (mind you I haven't been to Spain)

Roasted salad of eggplant, semi dried tomato, beetroot, artichoke & baby spinach

Sardine tartlet, braised fennel, olive tapenade, roasted tomato

The pastry was so flaky without being too buttery at all, the sardines were perhaps a bit mellow, but the olive tapenade on top was just delicious

Coffee and check out the spoon (Tamworth Country Music spoon)

6 comments:

  1. Those olives do look good. I have had them in Spain though the best I've ever had was in Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked my meal here too! It's so vibrant and pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how delicious! i wish they had such good restaurants in america. well, at least if they had some different cuisines i would be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Spanish food too! So delectable. I could go for some pan-fried chorizo and paella now! The food looks good. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. would love to try this place. is there a reason why you have 2 blogs posting exactly the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simon: I started Scandi Foodie only because I realised this blog's name was a bit of a mouthful :D I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but next time someone asks what my blog is called at least they can pronounce it!

    ReplyDelete