March 26, 2010

Stuffed Sardines

I have mentioned my love for sardines, and when I saw the latest episode of the Italian Food Safari it was all I needed to cook sardines again! I only have one request: do not even THINK of using other than fresh breadcrumbs in the stuffing, it simply wouldn't work any other way.

Stuffed Sardines

16 sardines, filleted

1 cup parsley, finely chopped

1/2 cup parmesan
, finely grated
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs

1 garlic clove, grated

salt, pepper

1 egg, beaten

some plain flour

Mix together the parsley, parmesan, breadcrumbs and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the egg to make a soft, sticky mixture. Place a small amount of the mixture in the centre of the sardine and place another fillet on top. Dust the sardines lightly in some plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper and fry in olive oil in a hot pan for about 3 minutes each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment